I'm not gonna lie....I was a little nervous.
| Don't you think the hair-net suits me?! LOL! |
I BEGGED Ryan to stay and take pictures of the procedure so Tanner and Taylor could see it, because Tanner insisted that "You won't look like our mom if you aren't wearing your glasses!"...And he was able to see a few minutes of it before heading off to work....even if it was only on a tv screen. :)
![]() |
| I'm under the black machine and the bed pivots back and forth under the white machine....spiffy stuff! |
This is after my 3 hour Loratab-induced nap on Taylor's bed in the boys' dark bedroom. I felt terrible and wanted to cry. Not because I was in pain (uncomfortable, yes) but because I was scared to open my eyes!!! Can you say "sissy"?! I would compare it to the feeling of not wanting to use the bathroom after having a baby. I kid you not.
![]() |
| This is what Hell looks like. |
I can take off my bug eyes to put drops in, but will have to sleep in them tonight and wear them tomorrow. I'm so cool! I also
Now, at 8:30pm, nearly eight hours after having a laser and amazing doctor correct my vision, these are going to be my BEST friends! I am using them like one eats chocolate on a bad day. :)
Thanks to my mommy & daddy for taking the boys for the weekend while I recover without children under foot and quite possibly become VERY productive with some reorganizing that's been put on the back burner. :)
_____
@ Kate: I was really afraid, too. I had Ryan and my dad give me a priesthood blessing the day before and that helped calm my nerves immensely. There was lots of pressure from the suction thing....and it probably wouldn't have hurt too much except I popped the suction thing off twice with my eyelids (the lights were bright at that point and I wanted my eyes closed)....Not intentionally though, because I didn't really know I was doing that....they totally numb your eyeball. LOL! And I was also worried about looking at the green light....but it's not for long and wasn't that hard...when the suction is on, you can't really see anything....so looking at the light was much easier than I thought. The nurses were amazing...gave me a Loratab and when my sweet friend Karen dropped me off at home, I walked straight to bed and slept so good. :) This morning (day after) I feel GREAT! My lashes are a little gunky from all the eye drops, and the back of my throat is nasty, again from all the eye drops, but I laid in bed and could see the alarm clock across the room!!! It. was. fantastic!!!!




5 comments:
Yeahhhh!!! I am so excited for you! I really want to get it done, but I am so stinkin afraid. I heard it's pretty painful...is it? Like really really painful. And the thought of only being able to took at "one" light while having it done. I think I'd want to look everywhere else. {Like being tempted to say "bomb" on the plane! Bomb! Bomb! Bomb!} Buuuuttt...it would be SO nice to be able to see the clock in the middle of the night! Lol!
LOL! Thanks for the details! Seriously...thanks! I think I started crying {what's up with my crazy hormones!} out of pure JOY for you! Really! HOW EXCITING! ♥
I am excited for you, jealous of you and not so much at the same time! That sounds like quite the ordeal, but seeing is pretty awesome ;)
That is awesome! I am hoping that one day I will be able to do it, but I think I might be too freaked out to try it. It must be incredible to be able to see with out glasses!
Post a Comment