Alright Elena and Stevie - this is for you - and anyone else who is joining the Try-It-Tuesday gang! First, Chocolate Chip Cookies, then Bonless Pork Ribs.
Chocolate Chip Cookies - not a meal, but a great snack - the cookie dough is just delicious, especially when frozen in little balls, already to cook - sometimes they don't make it to the oven though...
- Cream Together -
2 cups Shortening
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- add to cream mixture -
1 Tb. Vanilla
3 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- add slowly while mixing -
1 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
12 oz. Chocolate Chips
4 1/2 cups Flour
Bake at 375 Degrees for 8-10 minutes...If they're too done for you, try them cooled with milk! If they're not done enough, try them hot with Ice Cream!
Okay - something for a real meal -
Boneless Pork Ribs - Sorry there's no real measurements - I just do what I think our family can eat in one meal and if there's leftovers, sobeit!
- Seer in frying pan, each surface. You're not trying to cook the meat through, but just brown the outside.
- In crockpot put in some BBQ sauce (sometimes I use the whole bottle, sometimes just half); you want enough to almost cover the meat because then you
- add in some Ketchup - about 2 Tablespoons
- and some dried onions if you'd like - about a Tablespoon
***Wisk this mixture together in your crockpot before you put in the meat - if it looks a little low, like it won't cover the meat, add some water - but not much.
Put in meat, and let it cook! It's usually done if you cook it on high after about two hours, but sometimes I'll throw it in before church and it's just delicious after we get home!
Eat with twice baked potatoes and green beans or a salad and you've got it made!
5 comments:
Sorry this comment has nothing to with your post! I actually forgot to call you yesterday. It totally slipped my mind. I just took Lily with me. She was behaved so it worked out well. Also, I stumbled on a cute digi website that I thought you might like. It is churchy so who knows if you would use. I think everything is free on it, but you might have to double check it. Here it is:
http://audraslittlescraps.blogspot.com/
Pass it on to Stevie if you like it.
~Jewelle
Those pork ribs sure look tasty! And you can't ever beat a delicious, yummy chocolate chip cookie! Yea!
Where did you get your cute scrapbook graphics from??
This sounds like a delicious meal followed up by a hot cookie with ice cream... Seriously does it get any better than that?!!
Yummo! What's the Try-It-Tuesday gang? And how do I get involved?
Post a Comment